To be part of Jipangu, you need to be an individual who loves Japan, and run a blog or a YouTube channel related to it. Most of the creators on Jipangu are typically also living in Japan.
Your content needs to be:
- 💘 Written by you, with passion
- 🌱 About a specific spot (which you could find on Google Maps, for example)
- 😇 Informative enough, along with your own experience of it
- 📸 Embellished with your own, relatively well-taken photos
- 😠 Should not be part of a listing of best/top spots
Sounds like you? Please contact us by clicking here.
How it works
First, you need to contact the team in order to become part of the team. You can already register as an user, then let us now your email or nickname. Then if you are accepted, you will have the rights to add your content. In that case, a pencil will appear at the top right of your screen; it will take you to the admin.
- Create a New Post. The title should be similar as the one you are using for your post/video.
- Add a Description (= excerpt) and the URL.
- Link to a Spot. For that, click on its location on the map. The list of the spots already registered in Jipangu will appear on the left. If it's there, click on it. If not, click on Create (the team will check the spot, rename it and publish it).
- Upload an Image. A good and catchy one will attract more users, so make sure to pick the right one.
That's it. Once you are used to it, the process is very fast. As soon as your post has a title, description, image and URL, it will appear on the public map.